Healing from the past, Happiness for the present, Hope for the future
Many of India’s upper class consider these forgotten and forsaken children a scourge and an embarrassment. They are often disparagingly referred to as “slum dogs.”
India has a large population of children who live on the streets from a very young age. Abandoned by their parents or left alone because of the death of one or both of their parents, these children wander the streets during the day, begging for food and trying to find a safe and warm place to spend the night.
According to UNICEF, Human Rights Watch, and the U.S. State Department, approximately 60,000 innocent children disappear yearly. Many are sold into the sex trade by human traffickers and are passed from one abusive relationship to another. And many of these children are supplied opium or other drugs to keep them from escaping the tyranny of their captors.
What Can Be Done Through Orphanage?:
With these facilities, we will be able to provide the following:
• A bright future for orphaned and destitute children in a loving, family-oriented atmosphere.
• A spiritual foundation in which each child is taught Christian values and the way of salvation.
• A healthy diet, warm clothing, and separate living accommodations for boys and girls.
• Proper medical care.
• Personal love and affection from a staff member who will meet their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
• A formal education after each child has been evaluated and placed at their individual learning level by trained workers and counselors.
We believe every child is created in the image of God and deserves the basic God-given right to develop and grow to their fullest potential. Our vision is that every orphan and destitute child in India is cared for, nurtured, protected, and loved by offering a family-oriented, God-centered atmosphere where each child in our care can grow to it’s fullest potential by applying biblical principles and values.
We want to give the forgotten children of India “a home” where they, too, can experience what every child should experience, an abundance of love, security, and provision in the orphanage.